cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK to Europe issue

JohnSpr_1051926
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Smarty SIM Worked great for a mobile WiFi hub in the motorhome in UK. On trip to Europe msg on iPhone says ‘no internet’. Wife & myself both have iPhones with O2 so data roaming charges are the same as in the UK. Any clues how we get the HUAWEI/Smarty SIM combination working please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Yes, you need to change the APN in your device to “mob.asm.net”

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/2045756-setting-up-your-phone-to-work-abroad 

* The above instructions apply to any device, not just phones.

Read the manual for your specific device on how to do this, or Google it, if you don’t have the manual available.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Yes, you need to change the APN in your device to “mob.asm.net”

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/2045756-setting-up-your-phone-to-work-abroad 

* The above instructions apply to any device, not just phones.

Read the manual for your specific device on how to do this, or Google it, if you don’t have the manual available.

Thank you very much. I thought it was something along those lines. This provides clarity!! 😊

You’re welcome - Thanks for the feedback, as all too often, no feedback is given to answers to questions on this forum, so people don’t know whether their suggestions have worked, so appreciate your reply.

*** By the way, the APN change is a one time change - You can leave it as “mob.asm.net”, as your device will work just fine here in the UK with that APN.

Sorry I’m not quite there yet. Made all those changes. Then msg on Huwei to use menu to turn on data roaming  which I did too. Huwei gets a tick as my network, however when I try Safari I get msg ‘No internet’ . What am I missing? Or is this because I’m in Germany’s Black Forest? 🤔

@JohnSpr_1051926 You will need to be certain that you are connected to a local mobile network. Can you see if there are local networks by referring to a mobile phone?