Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel esims - What's your favourite ?

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

I have used Airalo successfully.

I know of Holafly and Nomad.

What are people's experiences of Holafly, Nomad and others ?

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JJP2  I have never used one for two reasons:

1. Until reading a bit more on this forum, I knew nothing about them.

2. I am a cheapskate and rely on freebie wifi if I am out of the EU Roaming area 😎. (You can understand that with an attitude like mine, nobody wants to call me or hear from me anyway!!)

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

😂

Airalo is really cheap, $4.50 for a Gigabyte of data in most places, $5.00 in some others.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JJP2  - Quick! Somebody pass me my inhaler!!  It's not cheap at $4.50 when compared to the £1 that SmartyVox charges! 🤣

give-us-eSIM
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Airalo is *not* cheap. In any respect. The plans they resell are grossly marked up, and offer highly poor value for money. Don’t use them. 

welshguru
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I needed data on a recent trip to Alaska and got an Airalo e-SIM which worked well in the towns & cities (rural areas don't have much coverage from any network).  USA data isn't cheap from any network and I thought the cost was fair.  The app also worked well on my Google Pixel.    

You wasted money unnecessarily. Verizon, Visible, T-Mobile, ATT, all offer minimum 15 day test drives of their carrier with unlimited data.

The US market is light years ahead of the British one carrier wise. 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I've used a data only eSIM from Soracom Mobile, which worked well for me while in the US and Australia. 
One of their eSIM products provided data in the destinations I wanted, for the time period I needed, all in single eSIM package. 

Seems there are many data only eSIM options available online these days - spoilt for choice (provided your handset supports an eSIM).

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Not heard of them, will check them out,

”Sparks” looks good - Their plans last for 45 days, not the usual 30 days. 

It does seem as if one or two new eSIM companies pop up every month or two.