Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card activated but no data

Omega
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi.

I've just signed up for the smarty unlimited data/calls/text 1 month plan.

I've received an email and text saying it's activated and  my phone says I'm on the smarty network and I have a full signal  but I have no mobile data to access the internet. I've inserted my Giffgaff SIM card and the mobile data works fine with that.

It's a bit annoying because I've just paid for this service yet I'm not receiving what I paid for.

Does it take mobile data longer to activate even though the messages I received say the card is activated?

6 REPLIES 6

Mhisani
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi there. I get the impression you've already done this but make sure you reboot your phone if it's unhappy after activation but my hunch is that your APN settings might not have auto updated and that's upset your phone. Sometimes things don't auto update with MVNOs (Smarty is a virtual network on 3.)

Take a look at:

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1155220-using-the-internet-after-you-ve-joined-smarty

Let us know how you get on.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

Seems a little strange their giffgaff SIM card auto-updated okay, with giffgaff being another MVNO (giffgaff being a virtual network on O2's UK network). 
🤔

PJ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The reason smarty give you so much data very cheaply is because you can't actually use it....I should know, same problem here

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

Sorry to hear SMARTY Mobile hasn't worked out for you @PJ.

Each UK mobile network uses different parts of the radio spectrum, and at any given location, a mobile network may have a better/worse signal than their competitors. Perhaps O2 is the best network to use at your location(s).

Rogue
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

Did this ever get resolved for you as I am facing the same issue as we speak. Currently waiting for a solution.

Was it solved as followed the link and changed the setting but still no luck! any idea?