cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant delay in voice calling - both on wifi and without.

PhilRig
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi everyone,

I am quite new to Smarty and have an issue with voice calling - Calls connect with no problem but there is a significant delay in the other person hearing me. Sometimes this delay is such that I have to abandon the call. It seems to be worse when using WiFi calling. I’m on iPhone 12.

Any thoughts?

10 REPLIES 10

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I have very good WiFi Calling on my iPhone 13 @PhilRig

I'm running iOS 16.7.1 - what iOS is running on your iPhone 12?

I’m on 17.0.3 so bang up to date. I’ve tried resetting everything and clearing cache etc so hopefully that will help.

@PhilRig Any chance that you could try the sim in another phone to see if it is replicated? This would rule out a problem with the handset.

BrianMcBriany
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I’m having this issue too on an iPhone 15 Pro, with full 5G signal or using WiFi calling. Brand new SIM.

im really anxious for a fix. I’ve tried logging a support call via chat, the staff didn’t really seem to understand and just closed the ticket after a few weeks.

@BrianMcBriany  As I said earlier to the OP, have you tried the sim in another phone?

CJB
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I am having a similar problem. I am on Android, have tried the sim in two phones, and get the same problem on both phones. The call starts fine with no delay, but as the call length increases, say talking for 10 or 15 minutes, the voice delay increases. For example, I ask a question, but the person i'm talking to, does not answer for perhaps 10 or 20 seconds, and vice versa. It makes having a conversation impossible. The only solution it seems, is to restart the call. This happens on both network and wifi calls.

Any suggestions ?

Mason_1561875
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Also having this issue for the past month or so. iPhone 13.

Dominic_2009501
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Im having the same issue - Originally when I was on Three I would call a family member on their landline and after 20-30 minutes a delay in my voice transmission to them would occur.  It would then get so long we would have to abandon the call.  I have since switched to Smarty - who are owned by Three and use Three's network and the same problem happens.  I have made calls over wifi, without wifi, with bluetooth headset and without bluetooth headset yet it still happens. This happens on different phones with the same SIM card in.  It shouldnt be the SIM because as I say I was originally on Three and switched to Smarty and ported my number to a new sim card.

I'm having the same issue, i've tried the same troubleshooting. I even get the delay at different cell sites away from my usual home ones. The delay is often present as soon as 2 minutes into a call. Has anybody had any joy with customer service? Device- Google Pixel 7 Pro up to date

R_Lokish
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'm having this exact issue mid-2024. It's so bad, often the delay even begins at the start of the call. This is extremely frustrating and happens around 50% of the time. Unfortunately SMARTY support is of no use and there is not much about this issue online.  I'm switching to a non 3 run network.