cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC not being done transfer in discrimination from smarty

Stuart2283
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Joined smarty on Saturday as a disabled person on pip and uc accepted onto the social tariff and paid £12 gave my current number and pac in and waited for account

to activate come Monday account not activated so went onto chat which was your foreign outsourced chat who didn’t care advised by chat that royal mail do your warehouse dispatch so he or she couldn’t send the sim and royal mail going on strike however advised if i bought one that could be activated they refused to arrange dispatch of the sim ordered on Saturday bought a sim and activated gave pac and number again and advised will port yesterday 

went onto the app yesterday and said port is queued went onto your foreign outsourced chat again to be told it was my other provider causing the issue they need to release the number advised and gave the pac and told same thing confronted him or her with industry standards and they said the pac had not been submitted by me advised as above and that they’ve been dishonest they promised to do the pac transfer and complete today advised would take 24 hours so would be the Same if done on Monday anyway had to remind agent that this is 48 hours in the uk agent very rude unhelpful dishonest and disrespectful promised pac will transfer today account now showing queued again and 14th for completing I think this is discrimination as they are aware of the tariff I went for and reason why especially being disabled and cost of living now left in limbo believe your foreign staff have been dishonest again if this is not ported today will escalate to Facebook ofcom equality commission and put an honest review on trust pilot disgusted by the service from your foreign staff especially as asked to speak to a manager and then a complaints manager and then a complaint manager from uk and ignored 

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Stuart2283 Afraid that some of this is not quite clear.

Were you waiting for the sim to arrive? Your account would not go 'live' until the sim is activated. This has NOTHING to do with disability or discrimination. If it is relying on Royal Mail, my personal experience is that their service is not that reliable at present.

If you do not have the sim to activate, then the number cannot be ported onto it.

You cannot escalate to Ofcom until you have given Smarty the chance to try and solve your issue - usually 8 weeks. Also, how do they know that you are disabled? The Social Tariff is not just for the disabled. I suspect that you would get a similar response from the Equality Commission.

Finally, I note that you refer to 'foreign staff' more than once; why are they any different to non-foreign staff or could that be seen as discriminatory?

Ifa port was promised for today, that could be any time up to 5p.m.

Stuart2283
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My issue is that it’s the blatant lies from them we all know that Royal Mail don’t run their warehouse they need to dispatch to Royal Mail and surely they could have dispatched the sim rather than stating this 

it’s also the dishonesty from them to date and then fact that they make statements and admit they’ve not checked the account 

I’m aware that the social tariff is not solely for disabled people but disabled people would use it ?

I have nothing against the foreign staff except the fact that they are reading from a script, use broken English, lie and refuse to help 

@Stuart2283  Why not raise all this as a complaint via the website? That should reach people further up the management of the company.

Stuart2283
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi I have done and spoke, briefly to a complaint handler this morning who is going to look after my complaint and my PAC transfer going forward, hopefully, she did not read from a script and appeared like she genuinly wanted to help, she has also registered me as a vulnerable customer which wasnt done previously by Smarty and has raised a technical ticket as to why the PAC dates are wrong, she is hopeful the PAC transfer will go through today by 5pm, i am, unfortunately not so hopeful

@Stuart2283 Sounds reasonably promising. Best to give it a chance then.

@Stuart2283 I'm still not sure how smarty would have known that you re a vulnerable customer unless you previously let them know. That said, there's still only so much they can do to help with some things e.g. if masts breakdown.