Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE FOR ALL

Fliss
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi

I'm new to Smarty and have signed up for the social tariff. I had to cancel my home broadband recently, so need both home broadband and mobile phone services.

I have a router that works for streaming Internet content and supports over 20 smart devices and have been swapping my SIM card between my phone when I'm out and router when I'm home. I live alone, so there's no need for internet access at home when I'm out. 

My mobile phone hotspot only supports 10 connections, so my Alexa connected lights for example don't all work. 

So, you can see that this isn't the optimal solution. Plus, I can't make/ take phone calls when my SIM is in the router, although I don't get many incoming calls, and I can pick up voicemail later.  Plus it's a real faff having to swap the SIM over all the time.

Do I need to get another SIM to fix this, after all, the SIM I have has unlimited data. I surely don't need 2 unlimited data sims. And probably can't get 2 social tariff SIMs anyway.

Please share your thoughts and ideas ... 

Thank you 

Fliss

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Fliss Cannot see a way around this without getting a second sim.

I'm assuming that you have looked at this document: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/6930106-smarty-social-tariff-faqs

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Perhaps this is not relevant, @Fliss, but the SMARTY terms & conditions state that their plans with an unlimited data allowance should not be used as a long-term replacement for a landline broadband connection. 

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Following on from what @Chalkychap advised, you can get a social tariff from BT broadband for £15 per month, if that helps.