cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer not happened as planned how to find out what is going on?

doppleganger
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

As part of a group plan which I administer my wife has a smarty sim and sought to transfer her old telephone number to it via the usual route (PAC code). Both the previous provider and Smiley acknowledged that the process was in hand and Smiley stated that the transfer was to complete by the end of 3/10/23 . Later that day Smiley sent a message to apologise for the delay and to say that they are ‘working hard to complete the request’. My wife’s old telephone number is now unavailable so her online accounts using txt verifications are consequently inaccessible and she has become inaccessible to her numerous telephone contacts. How do we find out why there is a delay in the switching and when the issue will be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

doppleganger
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Many thanks. Now resolved. A revised eta from Smarty when the first transfer target was exceeded would have quietened my concern.  Lesson learned.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

You would need to get in touch with the web chat team and they can troubleshoot and advice on why it may be taking longer than expected ..we on the forum don't have access to anyone else's account information. Transfer delays can happen due to many reasons; they can advice better on this. 

Most likely the transfer is still on-going and sometimes you will experience what's known as a 'split port' - however this should be temporarily whilst Smarty work behind the scenes to get the number correctly transferred over .. according to what I know.

Transfer on going for 5 days? Incredible!!

doppleganger
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Many thanks. Now resolved. A revised eta from Smarty when the first transfer target was exceeded would have quietened my concern.  Lesson learned.

TayeAle_2595838
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have been without connection for 5 days, I am unhappy.

TayeAle_2595838
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Can you get the quickest way to resolve this or should I go back to previous suppliers?