Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Network Issues] Service Update

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Service_Updates@1x.png

We are aware that a small number of customers may be experiencing issues with our network this morning.

Our engineers are working hard to fix this as soon as possible.

We are sorry if you've been impacted by this, please check back here for updates.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DelDeeSmartE
Team SMARTY
Team SMARTY

Following yesterday’s network issue the majority of services have been fully restored. We are still observing around 1% of calls not placing correctly and our engineers are working to fully fix this. Data services are working normally. We are really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

The network issue has been resolved if you are still having issues please speak to our chat team for further assistance https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

View solution in original post

137 REPLIES 137

the data on one of my phones has been down for 2 hours

JoanneC_2155919
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
Spoiler
Spoiler
I am in B64 & have no network at all no signal wifi total flatline how  long will this last please 

Muhammad_626967
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi I can't make calls

Vincenz_2312264
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello I am trying to connect to the smarty network but my phone is showing offline. I tried to check on the smarty checker and it says my postcode is not correct are systems down

Dorothy_1453063
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Is Smarty down today?

Mine is, impossible to get any help, what a joke this service has become...

It's back up again 

MarlenaS_267747
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My unlimited data payment renewed today while i was asleep and now my phone isn't working. Im sure my phone was working before I went to sleep so something had to of happened while I was asleep and it wasn't physically me. When i log into the app it says my plan is renewed until next month so i can't pay again for it. I have an iphone and when i go to the cellular section in settings its telling me to add a cellular plan. Its reading the sim card yet theres no plan on the sim card for it to use. What do i do?

LuisSai_1757917
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello, just tried to call insurance company, but it says "mobile network not available for voice calls", why?

MOHAMME_1430963
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Can you please help me to store my data back 

Elizabe_1299049
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I received a message this morning to contact provider as I have no network service. Please help

DalmarF_1491647
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

You're charged last night and today no Internet and calls

PeterTho_438622
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Saying its OK online. But obviously not OK. Cannot make or receive calls. 

DalmarF_1491647
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It is disaster no Internet also no calls

Three having issues today, up and down like a yoyo, or just down for some.

Charlot_2306753
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi there me, my mum and my husband are having problems ringing each other today it won't ring is the network down ? 

Many thanks 

Charlie 

DawnRan_2252761
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Roaming problem?

JanetWor_141586
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have lost all connection with the service 

ErmiasT_1946283
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi there, My smarty network is not working. Could you please fix this as soon as possible?

DhirenP_12345
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

AmyHolla_678131
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Why has my data suddenly gone off. I also have no signal. 

John_7777
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello,

Located in Coventry. I have been suffering from total blackout signal. Even though when checking in the network status online webpage it's says all it's okay.

I have been user for more than 2 years and this just suddenly happened today.  I have already tried to reboot phone and all typical checks.

Area CV4 Coventry 

Mohamed_2100878
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I do not have a service all day today or my family (4 of us) and when I checked the area coverage it shaow that we had no issues in our area while your system is down that we can not even log into our account. it's a disgrace specially when on a motorway and have no connection what so ever and trying to get help but no one is there and the problem is that no proper customer service to speak with but just log it in and prey that someone will get back to you what an absloute rubbish. I've moved from Giffgaff to smarty but apparentely it was wrong choise and now taking my family back to Giffgaff at least they were very very reliable network unlike yours. I need my pack code to go back to my old network provider and I'm kgoing to warn others to join such unreliable network such as yours what rubbish service we getting.

Mohamed_2100878
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Apparently it's not small number because it shows that the coverage in High Wycombe is great but we do not have any service since morning down to this very moment what a disgrace and disgusting service. I've made wrong chosie by leaving Giffgaff after 15 years with no issues what so ever apart of the Roaming which why I've moved to smarty. But after this rubbish experince and many time losing covers on motorways, I think I'm taking my family back to Giffgaff and not wasting my mony on unreliable network.  Screenshot 2023-12-01 170655.png

Bigland
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Doesn’t seem to be a network issue but some kind of accounts/database problem. My phone is fine, and has been since earlier today, but my better half, sitting in the same room on the same network, still doesn’t have any service. 

ChrisM
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's a bit disingenuous to say this is affecting a small number of customers when it's clearly a huge issue. 

I couldn't even get the service checker to work as it wouldn't recognise my (or any) post code. 

Problems happen, most networks have had issues at some point but it's how you handle them that's important but the information and updates from Three/Smarty have been poor to non existent.  Quite ironic for a communication company. 

lukefow_2236187
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

i have had no service for 3 hours now, if i dont have service again by 10pm i will be asking smarty to extend the length of my current months plan by 1 day

SharonA_2356917
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Taunton, Somerset no signal.since about 2 pm.

Dave42094
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Signal only just returned in Southport 

But now gone again!

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Signal back here in Wakefield 1900.  Call quality not the usual, but it’s working at least!

DanielL_2314283
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Will there be any compensation for this? Bad day for it to happen as I was in London for work and was totally lost/uncontactable! 

LydiaCh_2033514
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

yes, several times today left stranded with no mobile data! 

TawfiqK_1678969
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Still no 4g or 5g in Hastings 

AllanDo_2332455
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Still down. When will j get service le65 area

AndrewP_1349009
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Small number?! Central Manchester was down most of the day. Supposed to be Christmas shopping with my wife using apps to collect reserved items and get staff discounts using phone apps. Both phones dead from 1000 to 1900, really inconvenient and annoying. 

DavidSib_374320
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

No network in county durham all day now. My business is suffering. Get me out of smarty ASAP 🤬 issue after issue and nobody to contact its ridiculous 

Smarty_Pants
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I'm in Skipton North Yorks and it's just came on as l'm posting this message.

Switched on this morning and no service.

Judging by how long this has been going on Smarty should be posting regular updates for customers and providing some explanation on what the cause of the outages are, at least if we're kept informed that's something.