Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Network Issue] Service Update

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

1000012019.png

We are aware of an issue with our network and our engineers are working to fix this as quickly as possible.

This issue could affect data, calls and text services.

We are sorry if you've been impacted by this, please check back here for updates.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DelDeeSmartE
Team SMARTY
Team SMARTY

Good morning, all services should now be fully restored. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and if you are still experiencing any problems, reach out to our customer support team. Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Some customers may still be experiencing intermittent issues with our network. Our engineers are working hard to fix it and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience this is causing

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95

TingNg_2490052
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I am in the city centre. Both of my sim cards are not working. No reception nor connection at all. Please help

Trilby
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

No service in SE18 at the moment. Any updates?

AntonB
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Reception still very poor in Liverpool L15. No calls, texts arrive after 40 minutes, data sometimes works, but tethering doesn't

AdrianP_2529966
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have no service at all, my wife sat next to me has 5G. How can this be?

ChunLam_1900828
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Still haven't had any network connection in BS20

AdrianP_2529966
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have no service at all, my wife is sat next to me with 5G, how can this be?

@AdrianP_2529966 But has your wife actually tried to use it?

Yes.. Without issue...

stuck_188361
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Literally stuck in the middle of London unable to get the tube or an Uber, hoping this gets sorted soon, there's only so long I can shelter in a pub before I'm unable to walk home either 😂

@stuck_188361 Can you use good old fashioned currency or a plastic credit/debit card to pay?

Snowman
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

No network in Reading. RG1.

mettz
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

NW2 nothing is working. can receive and make calls/messages only on wifi. fix this ffs

Richard_2479873
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Outage again on the 10thFeb2024. Since joining I have had more outages than inages, down detector shows 450+ reports, when can we expect compensation for non delivery of services?

mettz
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

NW2 nothing is working. phone calls and messages only on wifi. fix this.

AdamMyat_940554
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I've had no service since 8am this morning.... Smarty network coverage saying no issues reported ? WS6 postcode 

Their bad, the network outage indicator is only for local masts, when the entire network is down, it very helpfully tells you no issues!

Richard_2479873
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Is this a complete UK wise Smarty network failure or localised?

How about an update for your customers, remember the ones that without you don't have a business!

RichardT_649169
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

No network available. How long to resolve please? This is becoming a recurring problem. Not impressed so I’m considering a new provider. 

But will you find one that guarantees 100% service?

PhilipL_2247255
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

An update would be welcome. No response after posting 3 hours ago (reply normally within 1 hour) It’s not good, I need my phone for my work this evening

JasonMor_105741
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Terrible time to be affected, as I have missed several calls from hospital here in Plymouth, where Dr wanted to discuss signing a DNR for my mother. Only found out when a relative visited, and rushed home to let me know. Feeling really let down at this most difficult time.

AntonyJ_2102984
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Restarted phone and connection was gone. Girlfriend has the same setup and was still connected. Seems if your connected still youre ok, but if your lose connection you cant get it back after.

TiborDo_2172384
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Have no service at how long is this going to take to get it fixed. This is not what I’m paying for.

MatthewI_858214
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello and thanks for the information / update. 

May I ask would this effect personal hotspot also ?

Cathrin_1864551
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

This post is dated yesterday. My wife and I both have Smarty phones and have a total blackout, no mobile sgnal or data. An update would be appreciated

ElliotA_1809361
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Looks like full service is back now. I unfortunately has to cancel work today because I need a mobile internet connection.

Brendan_1915581
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Still no service in Hd9 area- second day on the trot - no updates about progress- very poor all round Customer support. 

GeorgeV_1644398
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Network still down on 11/02. Went fown around 12pm on saturday (yesterday). No response from customer service athough it says 4 hours expected wait time - it's now been 17 hours. Will definitely be leaving smarty, too many issues and too unreliable

I'm sorry to hear this. If you haven't already, please restart your phone. 
If you have tried this and it is still not working, our webchat team will provide further assistance.
We are experiencing an unusually high chat volume due to the outage, i'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

I have tried all of this. As stated, i've been waiting for 17+ hours for a response on the chat. I have tried the sim in another phone and it still doesn't work. Fix your network!

@GeorgeV_1644398  I think you'll find that is precisely what the engineers are trying to do.

No need for rudeness towards the staff please.

You think being told to fix your network, that I am a paying customer for (and have experienced issue after issue with), is rudeness? Get a life. 

On top of this, they cant even be bothered to respond on the chat. It's been more than 2 hours since I initially reached out! Usually it's instant, which means they are clearly avoiding engaging with customers. So next time, please think before you message.

@GeorgeV_1644398 Perhaps they are not answering instantly because they are busy with a load of other people messaging them?

Im not arguing with some stranger on a smarty chat room. As previously stated, get a life. 

Perhaps because they don’t employ enough agents is what u are trying to say. Any good CS team knows how to deal when their is an increase in queries- resources and staff get diverted from elsewhere to help out the cs team. 

@GeorgeV_1644398  It's your tone that's the problem. Ordering people about usually gets you nowhere(...unless you're an NCO in the Armed Forces)

I'm quite sure that Smarty staff and engineers don't get much pleasure from the network being down. They are trying to sort it and 'having a go' at them hardly helps. Good luck with your new network anyway.

I don't think the problem is down to Smarty themselves it appears to be a Three network issue!

You are not alone- 

Brendan_1915581
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Service has crashed yet again for the 3rd day on the trot. It’s a Monday now so can we have some information regarding how long this one will last so people can make alternate arrangements.