cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging on Android phone

FrankSmi_155442
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I tried to send a message last night to 70702 to donate to red nose and it wouldn't go through. Whenever I text to a number it says not sent. Any idea why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @FrankSmi_155442 👋
SMARTY doesn't support short codes 👎 so that is the reason it didn't work. This is the same for all short codes not just donations, competitions etc! Unfortunately SMARTY DO NOT make this clear when advertising their services and is probably one of the reasons why they are so cheap 🤔
"Apparently" SMARTY are  looking into supporting them (and have been for many years now 🙄) but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting this to change anytime in the near future i.e. this decade 😂
If you had done a search, on this page, for 'short codes' then you would see the many, MANY posts SMARTY customers have started with regards to this 😤
If you want/need to use short codes then I would recommend moving to a different provider. I'm sure many SMARTY customers will do this in the near future now SC are more commonly being used by many companies, services etc as their 'normal' way of communicating.
Hope this helps 😁

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @FrankSmi_155442 👋
SMARTY doesn't support short codes 👎 so that is the reason it didn't work. This is the same for all short codes not just donations, competitions etc! Unfortunately SMARTY DO NOT make this clear when advertising their services and is probably one of the reasons why they are so cheap 🤔
"Apparently" SMARTY are  looking into supporting them (and have been for many years now 🙄) but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting this to change anytime in the near future i.e. this decade 😂
If you had done a search, on this page, for 'short codes' then you would see the many, MANY posts SMARTY customers have started with regards to this 😤
If you want/need to use short codes then I would recommend moving to a different provider. I'm sure many SMARTY customers will do this in the near future now SC are more commonly being used by many companies, services etc as their 'normal' way of communicating.
Hope this helps 😁

Thank you so much for your helpful reply. 

F

If Smarty don't implement short code use soon I shall switch to giffgaff.   I think I can afford the extra quid.  Anyone coming?