cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Main Thread] Premium rate / short code text messages

PeterWh_1550878
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi I gather from a few other posts that these are not possible at the moment!

I found this in some information blurb from SMARTY - 

At some point you'll be able to send other kinds of messages which will be chargeable. This will include premium-rate texts and short-codes, which are used for entering competitions, buying ringtones and voting on reality TV shows, and paying for parking."

As other people say they don't indicate when this will be available! I agree with the others that it should be no problem with a decent quality service! 

I too, like some other people may well be switching to another provider which doesn't have this problem! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey, @PeterWh_1550878 

We understand how this service is becoming more popular with our customers and have already been feeding back. This is something we are still looking into, hopefully, this is available for you soon.

View solution in original post

Here is an article from Smarty:  https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/952515-are-all-texts-free-with-smarty-plans

They don't give a date when it will become available unfortunately.

View solution in original post

168 REPLIES 168

@LalitaD_1801617  As per my reply to your other post, the situation has not changed yet.

Brian_1950
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I changed from GiffGaff which doesn't have this problem . I may well go back to them if this isn't addressed shortly.

@Brian_1950 It certainly hasn't been addressed despite many complaint over the last couple of years and so I don't really see it happening any time soon. That said, it would be nice to get a surprise 😳

Buckbam
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I am also disappointed and may need to change to another provider because of this issue, my diabetes nurse wanted to set up a text reminder using 85025 for me to send my blood pressure readings to her twice a day but I can’t reply to her due to this situation with smarty. 

@Buckbam Are you sure that you cannot receive the reminder text?

If Smarty did introduce the system, would they be included in a Smarty plan? If not, would you pay to send a text twice a day?

How does your diabetes nurse deal with patients who cannot manage. or don't have, a mobile phone?

Buckbam
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi yes I can receive the messages but can't reply with my BP readings, I have to write them down and give them to her at next appointment. 

If I could send readings she can monitor BP better. 

@Buckbam  Yes, but if you have a record of those readings, you can monitor them yourself; I assume that the nurse gave you the ideal levels she is hoping to see.

Buckbam
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

You are missing  the point my BP is high and was needing to be monitored daily so sending them to her via short messages was quicker but not with smarty, 

@Buckbam  Which brings us back to the question of how does she deal with this when a patient either does not have a mobile phone or else cannot use one to text? Perhaps she can arrange for you to phone and leave details of your readings.

Before you come back on this, I know it's not what you want but at least it's a way getting around the problem without further raising your BP.

We can only assume that there is some cost involved in Smarty supporting short code texts and that they are not seeing enough people leave to justify paying the necessary costs to keep them as customers..