Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

International pass

MaDO13
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi all

i would like to know how many of us would like the option to pay for an international pass to be able to use our current plan abroad without extra charges 

I used the money add option  but it turned out was very expensive not a good deal at all 

on the other hand smarty is really good at home.

MaDO_11

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

I think that, realistically, you can log your interest with the Support Team and hope that enough others do the same so that Smarty will investigate whether this is a viable proposition.

In my opinion, it is important to remember that companies such as Smarty are set up as no-frills alternatives to the big boys. They major on providing a good value monthly plan with no tie-in. What's to say that if they offered what you are suggesting, people wouldn't simply join up for a short while when they went travelling and then leave for their original provider once they had reaped the benefits?

I think we should perhaps be quite happy that we get EU roaming still at no charge.

While travelling in non EU countries, it is often possible to find free or cheap wifi and communicate to home that way. also, it is often possible to buy a local sim for a limited period at reasonable cost. You may find that a better proposition than topping up and using expensive calls. 

MaDO13
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

To keep the customers loyal  the international pass should be granted only to customers  after a certain amount of months of continuous usage and if someone leaves has to start all over again 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

I think we need to remember that Smarty, and other providers are there to make money. I know that some networks offer the chance to roam outside the EU for a fee, but that is not cheap (I think O2 were charging max ยฃ5 per day).

I think if it were something they could do cheaply, then they certainly would as it would add to the list of reasons to be a customer.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

Do you mean buy an International pass for calling overseas from the UK, or for using your phone while roaming outside the EU? 

Nathan
Team SMARTY
Team SMARTY

It's a great call. We do see a lot of customers requesting the ability to use there data/plan when traveling outside of the EU/UK.

I understand that purchasing Add-ons when outside these areas can work out very expensive. Currently we have no plans for introducing this sort of add-on however we are always looking to give our customers what they want & I know that this is something the team have discussed.