cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you want our help, we need the full story.

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Repost from my original account, JJP2 :

This is the Smarty community forum, we are a collective of Smarty customers who try to provide help and advice to each other. 

Lately, it’s sadly becoming the norm for people to pose questions without giving us the full story. We need as much information as possible to help each other !

Case in point, someone has just posted “Using my phone in Turkey”, that’s all ! I provided the exact same answer that I gave someone else who recently asked the very same question. In answering, I made the assumption that the question was to do with roaming on a mobile network. Yet, with so little information to go on, for all I know, the question could have been about using a mobile phone in a fresh or frozen Turkey, maybe as a “really tough case” for a phone, who knows ? 

For us to help each other, when posing questions / issues that you want help with, please give us as much information as possible in one post, rather than being very obtuse and / or drip feeding information over several posts. 

If we get a clear informative question with as much information as possible, then, in return, we can give you a clear concise answer, which benefits us all. 

9 REPLIES 9

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@JJP2RidesAgain  So, tell me....do you bang your head against the wall because it's so nice when you stop? 😂

Very true ! 

It seems to be the same everywhere - some of the posts I have seen on Reddit and FB lately do cause me to think “How do you actually function in daily life ?”

As long as you've got your smartphone and a data connection, no problem. 
Daily life's a breeze 😎

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

An admiral sentiment, @JJP2RidesAgain.
Although alas, "some things will never change" - maybe a good lyric in a song - perhaps?

@Chalkychap ..."that's just the way it is"!!!

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Well @MSF @Chalkychap There are times when some of the posts on this forum have me raising my eyebrows, but over on Reddit this week, I have read posts about foreign networks that generally make me think the people posting should just stick to two tin cans and a piece of string. Roaming, travel data eSIMs be witchcraft, don’t you know ! 🤣

Saw a post last night from a guy claiming to be in a major US city who apparently gets no signal anywhere, even downtown, on any network, be it ATT, TMobile or Verizon, not to mention various MVNOs ! I assume the guy has no juice left in his battery, or hasn’t switched his phone on, but yes, he claims not to be getting any signal at all anywhere he goes in a major American city ! 

@JJP2RidesAgain  That's just 'fake news' !! Perhaps he's actually in Area 51 !! Perhaps he's been singled out by various government agencies for signal blocking !!

Anyway, if it's a simple matter of no juice in battery, he could sue the manufacturers for millions for not making products that last longer and also give adequate notice that the product needs a recharge. Equally if he has not turned on then he will have another valuable law suit for damages as his human rights have been infringed by the product not giving him adequate warning that he should turn it on.

I detect an opportunity for an American law firm here. Meanwhile, "Nurse, is it time for me to have a lie down in a darkened room?"

In the US, perhaps that's possible when using a handset without 4G, 5G network capabilities.

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

bump back to top of threads