cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family group admin switch????

HeathHib_532006
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all ... Please someone help me with this, trying to find an answer is driving me mad.

I set up a family group for my daughter and son some time ago, and added my wife when her contract with another provider ended. As I pay the bill for all three, I set my daughter's number as the group owner (but my name, email address and payment details). This has been a bit of a pain as when I want to do some admin on one of the group the SMARTY security code is always sent to my daughter's mobile no. To complicate matters, my contract with another provider has just ended and I've requested a SMARTY sim for myself. Once I'm up and running and a member of the group how will I be able to switch the lead member in the group from my Daughter's number to my own? 

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@HeathHib_532006  : There its a fairly detailed support article: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/3417274-what-can-group-owners-and-members-see-or-do

Unfortunately, one point in it is:

Things to bear in mind

• Each Group can only have one owner and role cannot be transferred to another person.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@HeathHib_532006  This looks like you would need to disband the group and start afresh to achieve the desired result.

Thanks for replying … would this be possible though if all four accounts are linked to my payment credentials? 

@HeathHib_532006 As far as I'm aware, you would remove members from the group and then start the new group and immediately invite them.

I think it may be a bit of a faff, but should work out with care.

Thanks, when my sim arrives I’ll give it a go and report back 👍🏻