cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EU Roaming Pass, where do you buy?

Garenth_2680881
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ive got an unlimited everything sim and am off to france for a few days. However i cant see how to buy an EU Roaming Pass, does this actually exist? In my dashboard i can only buy standard data add ons!

13 REPLIES 13

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

You can use up to 12GB of data when roaming in the EU, no add-on is required for this.

Most plans with more than 12GB of data allow you to buy an add-on to unlock your full data allowance for use in the EU, but I certainly wouldnโ€™t expect you to be able to unlock unlimited data when roaming. So if there are no EU passes showing in the add-ons you can buy, Iโ€™m guessing you may not be able to use any data beyond the 12GB.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Garenth_2680881  @SmartyTrousers  Please see Price guide p17:-

SMARTYโ€™s EU Roaming Data Passes give you access to your whole plan data
allowance for the period of time you choose, instead of being restricted to the
standard monthly 12GB EU roaming fair usage cap. See page 12 for information on
โ€œFair usage policiesโ€ and page 18 for details of โ€œRoamingโ€.
EU Roaming Data Passes are available for 1 day and 3 days (where a day is
determined as 24 hours from time of activation) and, if you are on a plan with
over 12GB, gives you access to the rest of your plan whilst in the EU,
for that period. When the pass expires, you will return to your normal data plan.
Add-on price includes VAT.

As I do not have more than 12Gb on my plan, I do not expect to see the option to buy the above.

@Garenth_2680881  does it not show here: https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard#addons  with your unlimited plan?

If not, try a web chat with Smarty Support.

Thanx, but there isnt an option to buy an eu data pass in my dashboard addons! Ive had a web chat with support and theyre looking into it. I do hope its a glitch!

MartynB
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

When it runs out that's it, don't buy any more data. I have 50gb, but once the 12gb fair usage is used that's it, we are a family of 4 and I have 4 smarty sims for holiday usage because we go to Europe for 4 weeks of the year in separate weeks and 12gb just lasts if we share the Internet from via the 4 phones, we are high data users, I watch a lot youtube (tip if watching YouTube watch it at 320 or 480) it uses a lot less data, and the children both play Minecraft and xbox game pass. But some of the network speeds for France are quite slow so 12gb should just be enough for most people. 

So yes we can use up to 40gb between the 4 sims, so we have the total of 4 x 12gb fair usage equal to 48gb

To download a 4k movie it could be 8-16gb, so if you watch a 4k movie on Netflix or BBC Iplayer will still be that amount of data used ( so bang you 12gb is gone) I have a ee sim as my main phone but even if you pay for their euro data pass or the daily ยฃ2.86 they start to cap/slow down your Internet speed even sooner than 6-8gb, so the smarty 12gb is pretty good and fair

@MartynB c The 12Gb is not a fair usage limit - it's an EU Roaming limit.

Please see extract from the Price Guide that I included in my post.

MartynB
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The wording I have used is from the smarty Webpage, I know it's a limit/cap I'm just trying to help people.

Wait a minute you have even said the same as I in the message above, you must remember to proof read what you copy and paste. 

@MartynB  I think we are on crossed paths here.

What I am saying is that you can buy an EU Data Roaming pass for 1 or 3 days and that will let you use more than the 12Gb limit. Assuming you went abroad with all of your 50Gb intact and then used 12Gb, you would have access to the remaining 38Gb while in the EU for either the 1 or 3 days.

MartynB
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Will check again in October, but I think I have bought the 3 day previously eu and because I hit 12gb it didn't work, but I will check in October because I'm away for 9 days so one of use will hit the 12gb ๐Ÿ‘

@MartynB  Fair enough! If you don't get to use data after buying an EU Data Pass(within reason, of course) you should definitely take it up with Smarty Support.