cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount scam

andyk159
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Just had a call offering me a discount on my 3 mobile account. SCAM BELLS RINGING

After trying to get caller to confirm they worked for 3 they wouldn't .

When asked why calling me they said my number was on a 3 account. I said I didn't have a contract with 3.

I said it wasn't but they insisted. They obviously know my number is piggy backed to 3 but not that my 'contract' is with smarty.

So question: How do they know my number is operating on 3 network? My number isn't even an original 3 number, it was PAC'd in from my previous network, and from previous suppliers before that.

Anyone any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Thanks for heads-up about a scam @andyk159

Scammers get data from all over the place these days. It's easy enough to find if you look on the dark-web.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

I do wonder if it’s guesswork. My wife is a Smarty customer but she had a call from O2 recently offering her an upgrade. It is a scam in that they presumably get a rake off for moving you to another network.

ArlitaSu_763436
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

They only stealing scammers they do to everyone didn't put money back I cannot activate the account is closed 2020 but still asking what your problem the problem here is the smarty is scammers don't buy here ...

@ArlitaSu_763436  This again? I have replied to your other post.