cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Change of phone number

Geoffre_2901005
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I am a new Smarty customer and my old number completed porting yesterday. On my iPhone under settings the Smarty sim phone number is still showing and I am unable to change it to my new one. Please advise how I can change this to the correct number. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Many thanks for your helpful advise. I followed what you said and after several attempts I was able to change the number to the correct one and it has now stayed on my phone. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Geoffre_2901005  There is a lot of information on this subject already because it happens frequently. The phone 'remembers' the initial random number allocated and needs to be 'encouraged' to change to the number ported in.

You can turn off iMessage and FaceTime first and then when you turn back on it may update. You can try a network reset also. You should be able to change 'My Number' in Settings.

Many thanks for your helpful advise. I followed what you said and after several attempts I was able to change the number to the correct one and it has now stayed on my phone. Thanks again.