Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't activate voicemail

Captain_Eli
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello all,

I hope you are well.

I am having issues activating voicemail on my Smarty. Namely, I have tried following instructions on the page "activate voicemail" by calling 123 (I also tried calling the international number, as I am in Europe currently), but I am immediately met with "First, call us from your mobile phone. Goodbye" and then it automatically hangs up. I AM calling from my mobile phone, the phone that has the Smarty SIM in it, so I have no idea what to do. All pages I can find on activating voicemail say I should just call 123 or the international number, so I have no idea if anyone else has had this issue before or how to solve it.

I have a voicemail waiting that is most likely professional, and I had no idea voicemail was not active before receiving it. Does anyone know if there is a way to activate voicemail other than calling? Because for some reason, the service is convinced I am not calling from my phone.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Eli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately @Captain_Eli, I don't believe there is - suspect network operator has configured voicemail this way to reduce the chances of overseas bad-actors hacking your voicemail.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Have you set a PIN for your SMARTY voicemail, @Captain_Eli

Don't think voicemail is accessible unless you've set a PIN, which can only be done on the SMARTY Mobile home network - meaning you'd need to be in the UK to do this.

Thank you for such a quick reply!

I have not set up the PIN yet, it is precisely what I was trying to do. Is there no way to do this outside of the UK?

Unfortunately @Captain_Eli, I don't believe there is - suspect network operator has configured voicemail this way to reduce the chances of overseas bad-actors hacking your voicemail.