cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Open Discussion] What are your predictions for Apple's latest iPhone?

Anny
Team SMARTY
Team SMARTY

Featured_Post_Open_Discussion@1x.png

It’s already come round to that time of the year when the new iPhone is expected to launch in September. 📱

As always the rumours suggest that it will have a bigger display, a faster processor, a better camera and a longer battery life.

Do you think Apple will announce new radical features? Or will we see only small improvements on the iPhone 14 models? 🤔

Being the owner of far too many tech devices, one thing on my wish list is a USB-C charging port instead of the Lightning port, so that I can finally carry just one cable with me!

What are your most wanted features in the new iPhone? Share your thoughts in the comments below! 😄

10 REPLIES 10

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Anny If you take a look here: https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-15/ some of your wishes seem to be within the predictions. I believe that the site has a good reputation so perhaps they will be right.

The only place where the article is sadly wrong........the price 😭! We in the Uk will pay a load more as usual!

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @Anny!

Looking forward to this rumored USB-C connection, will make life a lot easier when out and about! I'm not expecting big things apart from this, potentially the mute button becoming something of an action button and the loss of the SIM tray. I've tried out the iOS 17 beta and really enjoyed some of the improvements this year so would be great to see them on a newer device!

I'm still not sure if I will upgrade this time round, my dream is the Apple version of the Samsung Fold!

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@George  Re: your comment on loss of sim tray - surely wouldn't that would stop you having a Smarty plan as there is currently no support for e-sim?

Re: usb-c charging - I assumed that Apple were pushing people towards wireless charging now. Power packs are fairly cheap now and also a lot of cars come with that feature inbuilt.

George
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @MSF currently that would, but the team have been looking into eSIMs for a while now. Once the new iPhone has been revealed if indeed it comes without a SIM tray then that obviously creates a more urgent need for this. 

I think with wireless charging Apple seem keen to progress in this way, but Magsafe charging is only capable upto 15W - if they move on to USB-C like they have done for other products this will decrease the potential charge time depending on what wattage they can take.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

George, as the team have been looking into eSIM’s for a while now, is there a ball park estimate, say within 6 months as an example, when Smarty will offer eSIM ?

Any news on visual voicemail ?

George
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @JJP2 we don't have a timescale at all right now, if/when it does come don't worry I expect us to be singing from the rooftops! Same is also true for visual voicemail.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Cheers @George 🤞🏻

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Apple iPhone event confirmed for September 12th 🍿🍿🍿

Markboro
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

So small you would not know but they will tell you why you need this new phone and most probably for all other phones about 2 years ago

George
SMARTY Moderator

Ok folks, now the dust has settled what is everyone's thoughts on the new iPhone launches?

Good to see USB-C becoming the norm, and I think the new action button could be really handy. For anyone who watched the event, what did you think of the way they presented Another Birthday at the start of the video? It was amazing to see all the people who's lives have literally been saved due to thier Apple products, and absolutely should be the way all manufacturers are looking at devices going forward. 

The standard iPhone 15 phones come in two sizes: 6.1 inches for iPhone 15 and 6.7 inches for iPhone 15 Plus. It is available pink, green, yellow, blue and black.  

The latest model features a 48 megapixel dual camera and an improved 2x telephoto camera, providing users with a more powerful zoom, plus higher quality images and 4K videos. It is powered by Apple’s A16 bionic chip and has an all day battery life. It is water resistant and has a tougher screen. 

It will also feature Apple’s upgraded ultrawide wideband chip, which allows users to share their location and find other iPhone users nearby. The iPhone 15 will also feature advanced machine learning which can remove background noise during phone calls. The dynamic island, the adaptive notification bar at the top of the screen that arrived on last year’s iPhone 14 Pro, has also made it to the standard models of the iPhone 15.

Meanwhile, Apple’s more powerful and more expensive iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max models are designed using grade five titanium. This material - which Apple said includes the same titanium alloy used on the Mars rover - means the premium phone should be lighter and more durable than ever. It features Apple’s strongest-ever display screen and the thinnest screen borders ever featured on an iPhone.  It comes in 6.1 inches for iPhone 15 Pro and 6.7 inches for iPhone Pro Max. It comes in four metallic shades of blue, black, white and stone.

The iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max  replaces the silent mode switch with a customisable action button, providing users quick access to the camera, torch, or voice memos. It is powered by an A17 chip, an upgraded microchip which features the industry’s first-ever three nanometre piece of silicon. The microchip is 10pc faster when it comes to processing power, while the graphics processor on the chip is also 20pc faster.

Apple hopes that the high-powered chip will transform immersive augmented reality apps and mobile gaming available on iPhones. Users will be able to play video games on Apple’s smartphones which were previously available only on gaming consoles - including upcoming video game Assassin’s Creed Mirage.  The iPhone 15 Pro has a 3x telephoto camera, while the Pro Max has 5x optical zoom - the longest ever on an iPhone. They both feature a 48 megapixel main camera that can film 4K videos in 60 frames per second. 

Check out the full keynote HERE