cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it such a bad network

WesleyW_1713412
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Why is this network so crap I have been two days with no network and last month it was nearly a week 

My biggest regret was going cheaper 

Has anyone else had this issue 

I'm on the CO11 Post code area 

11 REPLIES 11

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Three have (or had) a terrible 4G infrastructure and, due to the pending 3G switch off just around the corner, Three have had to improve their 4G network, otherwise there would have been issues making calls over VOLTE.

Due to the reason above it's likely that there is work ongoing in your area. Enter your postcode below and check for any know issues in your area.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Thank you that explains some but there support could of explained this and maybe not take custom from people that they can't deliver service to

I can't even get on it.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

Just had a look at the coverage checker:  https://smarty.co.uk/coverage-checker

Your area does not look to good for coverage, so that may explain it.

Thank you 

Wardysays
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

It runs off Three which isn’t the best. Also, unlike other networks threes lowest collar signal is 3G. This means while other networks could still scrape together an E or 2g Three can’t. 

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

Explains alot but three works OK in my area its not great but better then this 

Filmflake
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I just transferred my number and have had no coverage at all. Someone at smarty told me  a local mast is down for up to 5 days!!!! However, three’s website is telling me no issues in my area! Should I ditch smarty now, is this an ongoing problem? 

unlimiteduser_2
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes! huge ping spikes and data transmission becomes unresponsive from time to time (lasting from 10s to minutes)!!

I have used the same phone, same location with my 3 sim (limited data), none of those issues arise!

SpannerBonobo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

When I first got smarty it was reasonably reliable. Now it's not fit for purpose. It's down more than it's up. I'm in the process of looking for a new provider. Smarty is now officially crap beyond belief. 

SpannerBonobo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty was reasonably reliable when i first got it. Now it's down more than it's up. It is indeed crap. Not fit for purpose. I'm in the process of finding an alternative.