cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow speeds.

ColinAi_2512243
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've recently moved to smarty using an unlimited data sim for our 4g router as we live fairly rural.   We have direct line of sight to 4 masts.  Initially the speeds were as expected of between 25 - 40 mbps same as my mobile phone but on a different network.   After a few weeks the speeds have dropped dramatically to between 2- 8 mbps.  Really poor!!  The speeds on my mobile are still at the high level.   There's articles saying there is no fair use policy or throttling but I have my doubts.   

Not idea when you're working from home or trying to stream TV. 

Any help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ColinAi_2512243 Have you completed a Network Status check? Could it be that there is ongoing work on your local Three network mast?

Smarty do make it perfectly clear that you should not rely on mobile data instead of broadband, so unfortunately you cannot complain on that score.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ColinAi_2512243 Have you completed a Network Status check? Could it be that there is ongoing work on your local Three network mast?

Smarty do make it perfectly clear that you should not rely on mobile data instead of broadband, so unfortunately you cannot complain on that score.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Okay @ColinAi_2512243, the SMARTY terms & conditions do have a clause saying that plans with unlimited data should not be used as an alternative to a landline broadband service - perhaps you've been rumbled by SMARTY?

Otherwise, maybe this is an example of #LessSMARTY, #MoreMalarkey.

MarkWeatherill
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Hello,

it may be useful to check the SMARTY SIM in your phone, in case your router is actually the cause of the slow speeds.