cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verification Codes

DavidJo_2218852
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Could you please stop sending me verification codes every time I log on to the Smarty app.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello there halfSpencer123.

First of all thanks for your reply, I will try to make this as brief as I can. I have had a contract with Smarty for about 3 years for my mobile phone which is now an iPhone 13, that  has never been a problem, I have the Smarty app and use it, I then wanted to take out a data app, I had to use a different e- mail address to set up the data, I used my Google e mail address as I could not see a way to put the data app on my Smarty app with my mobile phone, the only way I found to get on my app was through a Smarty e mail sent to my Google e mail, go to the Visit your dashboard, which works fine for a while but when it doesnโ€™t thatโ€™s when the problem starts as it sends me a number to log in with I cannot then get back to the Smarty app to access. Sorry about the length of the reply.

View solution in original post

Thanks for your reply Superhero much appreciated, but I think I will leave it at that for now many thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

halfSpencer123
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi there DavidJo!

This is strange, iโ€™m a new customer and every time I login to the app OR website, I only get an email - which I personally appreciate as it gives me a sense of clarity.

Do you receive a verification code every time you login to the app for the first time or whilst your logged in already?

Also, what plan and device are you using?

Thanks!

Hello there halfSpencer123.

First of all thanks for your reply, I will try to make this as brief as I can. I have had a contract with Smarty for about 3 years for my mobile phone which is now an iPhone 13, that  has never been a problem, I have the Smarty app and use it, I then wanted to take out a data app, I had to use a different e- mail address to set up the data, I used my Google e mail address as I could not see a way to put the data app on my Smarty app with my mobile phone, the only way I found to get on my app was through a Smarty e mail sent to my Google e mail, go to the Visit your dashboard, which works fine for a while but when it doesnโ€™t thatโ€™s when the problem starts as it sends me a number to log in with I cannot then get back to the Smarty app to access. Sorry about the length of the reply.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@DavidJo_2218852  We re forum members just like you - we don't actually send you anything.

Are you logging out every time you finish with the app? I wonder if that is the reason for the verification code each time you log in.

Support articles that may help you:  https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/5580830-app-security-features?_gl=1*dro0nx*_ga*MTk0NzA3Njc5OS4....

Also: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/5327081-trusting-a-device?_gl=1*1bdvvan*_ga*MTk0NzA3Njc5OS4xNz....

Thanks for your reply Superhero much appreciated, but I think I will leave it at that for now many thanks.

halfSpencer123
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hey again!

I have actually just realised what is going on for you DavidJo!

You are logging on to the website each time youโ€™d like to check data or make changes to your SMARTY account, which is an inconvenient way to do it.

If youโ€™d like to stop being messaged for verification each time you need to check your allowance, download the SMARTY app from either the App Store or Play Store (dependant on what mobile phone you have). 

I have compiled the two download links which will take you to your mobile phoneโ€™s app store automatically:

Play Store (Google Pixel, Samsung, Huawei, etc - Android)

App Store (iPhone - iOS)

I really hope this helps you and makes your days just that little bit better!

Thanks!

@halfSpencer123 It isn't only the smarty app that will solve this.

If you don't actually log out of the website, then it does not go through the verification code process each time. I prefer the website and rarely need to log in as I don't usually sign out.