cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a wifi dongle

Anthony_2359854
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I got the smarty sim to use in a wifi dongle while out and about in my truck. I just want the data. Im able to connect to the dongle but my iphone says ‘no internet.’ 

any ideas. I’m afraid I’m not savvy with this kind of tech. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Anthony_2359854 You will need to make sure that the dongle has the correct settings to connect up. You will need to change the APN to mob.asm.net - that should be covered in the manual of on manufacturer's website.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Anthony_2359854 You will need to make sure that the dongle has the correct settings to connect up. You will need to change the APN to mob.asm.net - that should be covered in the manual of on manufacturer's website.

Hi I have had the same issue and I’ve changed the apn settings and still it says no internet, I’ve now ordered a data only sim as the other had a phone number attributed to it.

do you think that this is the problem, so frustrating 

No, that’s not the issue 

If you and the originator of this thread are working on the road, in a truck / lorry etc, then the signal will fluctuate. 

I just wonder whether you and the originator of this thread have unlocked routers, which will accept any networks SIM card, or whether you have routers which are locked to specific networks ?