cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two numbers?

Lynney
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I changed to SMARTY a few months ago and it seems my temporary phone number has stayed with me, as well as my proper number! People in my address book are trying to get through to me on my proper number and can't, or they text me on my proper number but my reply comes from the temporary one! But it's only a few people, not everyone! Anyone else had this?

2 REPLIES 2

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Are you on an iPhone? If so, go to Settings > Phone > My Number, and make sure your number is correct in there.

Then go to Settings > Messages > turn off iMessage, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on again.

Under 'Send & Receive' in Settings > Messages, ensure the only phone number listed is your correct one, and that it has a tick next to it (tap the number to register it for iMessage if it doesn't have a tick next to it).

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Lynney  Does your account dashboard show the number you ported in? If so, and people cannot call/text you, this may suggest a split port.

Worth a web chat with Smarty Support once you have also followed advice from @SmartyTrousers