cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stuck between Smarty and Plusnet.

AndrewK_2117353
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I supposedly successfully ported my number from Plusnet to Smarty on the 20th but my incoming calls are still coming to my Plusnet SIM and its data still works. Incoming calls come through to my Plusnet SIM and I can make outgoing calls with Smarty using the correct number, and SMS messages come through to my Smarty SIM. I did a Smarty chat despite not liking have to give a load of personal info for ID when plusnet only ask for partial info. Smarty person said it looks like Plusnet haven't fully transferred the number and closed my account, so contact them. I contacted Plusnet and they say I need to contact Smarty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AndrewK_2117353
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Update! I chatted again to a Smarty person and they escalated it. Within an hour or two it was sorted. ๐Ÿ˜€

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty customers like you and I.

It definitely looks to me that PlusNet have not completed the port properly within their systems.

I joined Smarty from Voxi on June 2nd, earlier this month. I activated my new Smarty SIM card, gave them my PAC code, and then received updates by both text message and email. 

When the porting of my number from Voxi to Smarty was complete, I again received emails and text messages from Smarty telling me my port was complete, and the same from Voxi, telling me that my account with them was closed.

I then turned my phone off and back on, and everything is as it should be.

What does your Smarty dashboard indicate ?

Hi there, yes, I understand about the community forum but thought I'd post in case others had experience of this.

I've just chatted to Plusnet and when I explained to them the situation and what Smarty told me they said "Have you contacted smarty again about the transfer because what was said before well wasn't accurate to put it nicely? I don't know if you can ring them or if it's a chat thing but you want to say "You've spoken to Plusnet and the transfer is delayed and Plusnet can't look into the delay and Smarty need to check their back end system to progress the order"

My dashboard shows everything is fine and my number is ported, even though it can't be because my calls are still coming through plusnet.

I've switched networks a few times before and never had a problem.

This would be something for @Rebekah_150 or @Tascha to look into for you. 

Donna081417
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Have you tried turning the plus net sim off and turning off and on the smarty sim

Yes, been there done that. ๐Ÿ™‚ Incoming calls go to plusnet voicemail and outgoing calls via Smarty SIM with the same number. Two SIMs, one number. odd. ๐Ÿค”

AndrewK_2117353
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Update! I chatted again to a Smarty person and they escalated it. Within an hour or two it was sorted. ๐Ÿ˜€

Nice one ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘