cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SMS number

GerardS_1994221
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I retained my original number when moving to smarty. This number shows up when I phone people but if I send MSM text it shows up as the number Smarty originally allocated to me 

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GerardS_1994221 This is often connected with the number showing in the settings on your phone. iPhones are especially prone to this and it needs iMessage and FaceTime to be turned off and then on again.

Phones seem to 'stick' with the first number allocated to the sim and need persuading to change.

RobinBe_2070709
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have just resolved the same problem, using Google SMS on my phone after porting my old number successfully. Clear the entire history/cache/memory (however named in your particular phone and SMS app) so that all "footprints" of the previous SIM Card-Android Version-SMS App setup are erased. Restart the phone, and send a test SMS to a friend who will have your (ported) phone number and name in their phone contacts. If your name is displayed as the sender this process has been successful for you too. Please be aware that you will be erasing all traces of previous SMS messages in and out.