cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SIM problem after network outage.

Smarty_Pants
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The network outage that was experienced by Three and SMARTY customers last week l don't know if was the cause of my SIM going bad. All l know is that aftderwards my phone would take best part of 10 mins after switch on for it to connect to the mobile network.

Contacted SMARTY regarding and after going through the take SIM out and put it back routine was advised to order a replacement SIM, which is fine, but in having to do so your service is suspended until the new SIM arrives and you activate it, so coupled with the network outage and then having to wait for a replacement SIM to arrive in the post, it's not good.

Maybe it's just a case of pure coincidence that my SIM started acting up after the network outage, or maybe there's a link, l don't know.

Wondering if any other customers have experienced same or similar after the outage?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Hey @Smarty_Pants, I was affected by the recent incident affecting the Three UK core network.

For me, just powered off my handset for ~15 minutes - after restart, SMARTY mobile services worked as before.

View solution in original post

Smarty_Pants
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

So my replacement SIM arrived today, activated it, and hey presto all working perfectly. Hope my experience helps others in same / similar situation.

Just to add also good help and customer service from SMARTY in sorting the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Smarty_Pants  I can't speak about the outage as I did not suffer it. However, the suspension of account is a security measure to protect anyone using your account if they have stolen a sim.

Hi.

Thanks for the info.

Yes l understand the security measure, but that should only be if you were reporting lost / stolen phone / SIM, in my case none of that applies. I think in a case such as mine where a customer reports a problem with their SIM that can't be resolved any other way but with a replacement SIM, their service should remain active until the replacement SIM arrives then once the new SIM is activated online by the customer the old one is deactivated at the same time, thus saving customer inconvenience.

@Smarty_Pants Surely, if your sim is not working, what's the problem with the account being suspended until you activate the replacement? It would certainly stop anyone who had stolen your sim from using it.

If you have reported a problem with the sim, it won't work presumably and so why is the account being suspended an issue?

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Hey @Smarty_Pants, I was affected by the recent incident affecting the Three UK core network.

For me, just powered off my handset for ~15 minutes - after restart, SMARTY mobile services worked as before.

Hi.

Thanks for info.

I did what you did a couple of times but still the long wait time for my phone to register on the phone network remained.

I tried my group members SIM in my phone and no issue, also tried my work phone SIM and again no issue so defo a fault with my own use SIM or a problem with SIM identity within the network system.

Like I said it's weird that all was ok with before the outage but then the problem arose after the outage was sorted, so either a system code thing or just pure coincidence.

Smarty_Pants
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

So my replacement SIM arrived today, activated it, and hey presto all working perfectly. Hope my experience helps others in same / similar situation.

Just to add also good help and customer service from SMARTY in sorting the issue.