cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short code text replies - Impossible with Smarty!

AndrewA_2529326
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Having recently moved from 3 Mobile to Smarty, I am now finding that i can't reply to short code text messages.  This morning, I had to reply "Y" to my bank to authorise a payment - I found out that Smarty does not allow this.  What a complete waste of time this company is!  I have read similar posts and a statement from Smarty relating to this where they state that at the moment, Smarty does not provide this service.  I am not bothered about competition entries BUT i am bothered about not being able to reply "Y" to my bank.

I would suggest that anyone who may need this facility looks elsewhere for a mobile provider as Smarty do not appear to be doing anything about it.

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@AndrewA_2529326  As per your other post.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Perhaps, short-code numbers was something dreamed-up by the mobile network operators as a new revenue stream, which might explain why they've got an industry forum and working group for short-code numbers.

See online https://www.short-codes.com

Maybe UK banks should be considering alternatives to SMS as a channel for conversations with their customers.

@Chalkychap Of course, not all UK banks/card companies use that system. Santander, MBNA are just two examples and we get NHS reminders here without problem.