cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Setting up phone for use abroad

LucyWil_1990115
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hoping someone can help. Smarty state that you need to do a 'one off' change to your Mobile Data Settings to use the phone abroad. They say to change both Mobile Data APN and MMS APN to: mob.asm.net.... However it clearly isn't possible to do both with an iPhone... you can enter the details for both, but it will only set one (either Mobile Data APN or MMS APN to the new link... if you try to alter the other one, it just switches the setting... Anyone know how to rectify this or if/how the phone will still work abroad? Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

iPhone user here and I have no problem setting the above URL for mobile data and MMS.

IMG_0688.png

โ€ƒ

Interesting... my iPhone 100% won't allow both (so it switches between the two permissions)... I'll contact them via WebChat tomorrow for assistance. Thank you for the response.

Are you planning on sending multimedia messages from abroad? If not, just fill out the mobile data APN.

Do I have to fill in the details ie username etc to get this to work? 

@Elizabe_1222606  No, you can leave username and password blank in both mobile data and mms sections (for an iPhone)

Thanks 

SusanCl_2028632
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, I am having the same problem, spent all morning chatting to 2 difference people trying different things to solve it but nothing works, can I ask, did you manage to sort yours out & if so how ? Have you been abroad yet & did it work with just mob.ask.net in one ? Am I right in thinking as long as itโ€™s in the Data APN bit then it should work ?

@SusanCl_2028632  My phone has Mobile Data APN set to mob.asm.net and no username or password and it has worked in EU on more than one occasion.

MMS APN is three.co.uk and other info as per help document.

Thatโ€™s brilliant, thank you for your reply, I feel more confident that it will work now, knowing your settings are the same as mine.

spent all morning messaging 2 different Smarty people who got me trying lots of different things Ie. Resetting my phone etc etc but nothing would work to keep both Mobile Data APN & MMS APN with mob.asm.net in  ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ as soon as I pressed reset only one would stayed.

@SusanCl_2028632  Glad that's sorted then. From memory, I have had service without problem in Spain (incl. Canaries) and France. I don't know about data speeds, but I haven't been aware of not being able to at least find what I needed.