cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

KimRobi_1727376
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi Currently in Tenerife. How do I use my data WiFi is off mobile data is on. Do I need to turn roaming on even though it says might incur significant charges. Probably dumb question but I don’t want any shocks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Roaming mobile data in Tenerife will come out of your SMARTY plan's allowance, subject to a monthly limit of 12GB.

To use mobile data while roaming, you need to setup your phone as per the following instructions:
https://smarty.co.uk/roaming-setup 

🍀

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Roaming mobile data in Tenerife will come out of your SMARTY plan's allowance, subject to a monthly limit of 12GB.

To use mobile data while roaming, you need to setup your phone as per the following instructions:
https://smarty.co.uk/roaming-setup 

🍀

How do I set up roaming - the 8-point set of instructions doesn't seem to apply to me.  When I open (1) "Settings", I don't get "Wireless and Networks" or "Connections" - I get "Other wireless connections".  Step (2) is to tap "more", then (3) "Open mobile network  and (4) open "access point network.  My "other wireless connections" doesn't have the option at step (2) - instead I get stuff like personal hotspots, wireless tethering, NFC, tap & pay,VPN and private DNS - none of which look relevant to roaming.  For what it's worth, I have an OPPO A5 2020.

Cheers, Grimbo

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Grimbo I have answered your other post.

gavinmc_1697416
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi sorry to ask a silly question I have already  set up  roaming as per instruction But do I need to turn on Data roaming on my if yes which of the three options do I select.  travelling to Spain in a few days 

Disable 

National roaming only

All network 

Thanks 

@gavinmc_1697416 my iPhone doesn't show those options, but disable will presumably stop mobile data altogether. National roaming I guess will only allow you to move around in this country. I would have thought all network is the setting to allow you to link to any network overseas.

Can you check this in the phone's instruction manual or on the manufacturer's website?