Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

Charlot_2194238
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello

I have changed the APN on my iPhone 13 but roaming isn’t working. What can I do to fix this?I’m in Spain if that matters.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Did you change the APN to ‘mob.asm.net’ ?

Double check it, to make sure there isn’t a typo in there.

Then, instead of letting your phone automatically select a network in its settings, manually select one, that may resolve the issue.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Charlot_2194238  Firstly, can you check on your account dashboard that you have an active sim?

Are you saying that you cannot make any calls/texts/ use data?

As @JJP2 says, try manually selecting a network, having turned off the auto network setting in your iPhone Settings.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Hey @Charlot_2194238, has mobile data roaming worked before on your iPhone 13?

Have you checked that you've allowed data roaming on your iPhone 13?

Data roaming is controlled from "Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options" - you can toggle "Data Roaming" OFF/ON from there. 

To use mobile data while you're roaming, make sure "Data Roaming" is toggled ON.
🤞

Charlot_2194238
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have checked the APN, data roaming is on and I have a valid sim. I can call and text but have no data.

Does it matter which network I choose if selecting one manually? 
Thanks for the help

@Charlot_2194238  If you select a network manually, you will not know what the signal is like in the area and so it will just be trial and error.

There is a possibility that you have not got service because there is a problem with the mast you are picking up. If you know the network, it may be possible to search their website to see if they have a network status checker (like Smarty has).

I just wonder if you have exhausted the data on your plan, and need to buy an add on, to get data roaming working ?

You can use up to 12 GB of data in the EU with Smarty, but less if your plan only has 4 GB or 10 GB of data for example. 

This could be why you can call and text but not use data. You obviously have decent signal / mobile coverage, in order to be able to call and text.

The good thing about Smarty is that if you do buy an add on, not only do  they not expire, you can also convert the balance into your account balance, helping to pay for future months of service, so you don’t lose out financially. 

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @Charlot_2194238 the advice here is all great, if you continue having issues reach out to our team smarty.co.uk/contact who can look into this for you further.

Charlot_2194238
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Resolved thank you 😀

Cool.

What was the resolution @Charlot_2194238 ?

It may help us to help others who find themselves in the same situation as you. 

Hey

I’m not entirely sure! I did select a network manually so maybe it was that?

@Charlot_2194238 🤣 I do hope it was that!! 🤣

That must have been it, if everything was working as it should after you manually selected a network