cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove payment option

graemebowd
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Does any one know how to remove a payment option? My account lists several debit cards I have used for payment in the past, as well as the current one.  I want to remove these from the list (housekeeping) but I can't find how to do it. If I select one of these cards the app simply elects this as the preferred payment option. There seems no way to delete it. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I think if you remove the auto-renew option, you might be able to remove out-of-date payment methods.

There's room for improvement for online payment method management in the online SMARTY account, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

View solution in original post

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @graemebowd 

To delete payment details you will need to turn off auto-renew in your account.

• Save these changes and exit the page.
  • Go back into payment settings, turn off "securely store payment details".
  • Save these changes and exit the page again.
  • Now, no card details will be stored so you can re-add the details you want in your account.

Let me know if this works for you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I think if you remove the auto-renew option, you might be able to remove out-of-date payment methods.

There's room for improvement for online payment method management in the online SMARTY account, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @graemebowd 

To delete payment details you will need to turn off auto-renew in your account.

• Save these changes and exit the page.
  • Go back into payment settings, turn off "securely store payment details".
  • Save these changes and exit the page again.
  • Now, no card details will be stored so you can re-add the details you want in your account.

Let me know if this works for you!

Yes that worked. Many thanks for your help – it seems a very clunky way to do it and not mentioned anywhere as far as I can see. 

It worked for me jodie. Thanks

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

I opened a webchat and spoke to an agent - they asked for the last 4 digits of the cards(s) that need removing and confirmed that they would be removed within 2 hours - seems easier than going back and forth on the payments screen. 

I needed to remove a card following a verification check to remove the adult content filter - but the card had been added to my 'payment methods' which is not what I wanted but all sorted.