cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number nightmare

Richard_2355339
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Over a week now since the port of my number. 
I still can’t receive incoming calls.

i can make outgoing calls and can text and receive texts

Customer services assure me the relevant team is looking at a solution - 7 days now and still now solution. 
in the smarty app is the number I was given ie not my ported number

nobody seems to be able to help and I am now stuck unable to leave smarty until the port is fully completed 

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Richard_2355339 Have you raised it as a complaint?

sushiewushie
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

OMG. My number has only just ported over from O2 today and I can’t receive calls and texts. Only iMessage works. I’m so annoyed, as I’m expecting calls from the hospital and surgery. I’m considering returning to O2 🤬

@sushiewushie Please see reply on other post. also turn phone off and then back on to check the it registers correctly to network.

@sushiewushie  Also....check your account dashboard as it should show your ported number once the process is done.

TracieK_2409268
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Can anyone help. I cannot make or recieve calls or texts. The mobile data also doesn't work. I have checked the number ported on my dashboard and it is saying the correct number. I have turned the phone off and in several times over the last 2 weeks trying to get this to work, thinking its possibly a delay but still nothing. I have tried trouble shooting and still cannot access anything through smarty network. Has anyone had the same issue and how was it resolved please? This is my 3rd smarty sim for the same household so not an issue with the area as the other two work fine. Thank you

@TracieK_2409268 

1. Does the account dashboard show a number and an active Smarty plan?

2. Does the sim work in another phone?

3. Have you thought of ordering a replacement sim? (account will be locked until new one activated

3. Have you had a web chat with Support team to check your a/c?

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@TracieK_2409268  Forgot to say......

Once you have tried all above and are sure the problem is not at your end, raise a complaint.