cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Number transferred partially

Lulijet_2199054
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I placed the new SIM card in my phone on Sunday, July 30, expecting my old phone number to be transferred promptly (as promised on the account's dashboard), but it hasn't happened as planned. At present, I find myself in a challenging situation. Contacts on the Vodafone and Three networks can reach me, but those using EE and Plusnet are unable to.  So far the transfer doesn't seem promising. 

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @Lulijet_2199054 . Did you activate the new sim and then go on to request the transfer (using your old number and PAC from previous network)?

You should have received an expected date for the transfer. If you have some form of partial transfer, then you will need to have a web chat with Support team so that they can check you account to see what happened.

We are Community Forum members like you and so have no access to your account.

Hope it gets sorted quickly.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty customers. 

As we do not of course have access to your account, you would need to go back to Smarty to rectify whatever the problem may be.

Did you request a PAC code to transfer your number, or a STAC code, which terminates your old number ?

Even if you requested a PAC code, the number transfer may not happen until next week, depending on when you gave Smarty your PAC code, as number porting does not happen on weekends, only between Monday to Friday.

If you give your new network your PAC code between 09.00 - 17.00 on a weekday, your number will transfer within 1 or 2 business days. If you give your new network your PAC code after 17.00, you are deemed to have given them the PAC code the following working day. For example, give your new network your PAC code at 19.00 hours on a Friday evening, you are deemed to have given them the PAC code on a Monday. 

Remember, numbers do not port at weekends, only during the working week, Monday to Friday.

PAC code : Porting Authority Code, which transfers your number between your old and new networks. 

STAC Code : Service Termination Authority Code, which terminates your old number and gives you a brand new number on your new network.

It looks like you may be experiencing a โ€œsplit portโ€ which @MSF knows more about, there is also a lot of information available by googling the subject. 

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Lulijet_2199054,

When did you start the number port?

If out was after 5pm Friday, then your number wouldn't transfer until Tuesday evening, possibly Wednesday.

What would be a good idea is to contact a Smarty Agent through Webchat, raising the timescale of what you've done and has happened. The Smart Agent will need to do security checks, so you may need your IMEI etc.

There may be an issue with your old service provider not playing fair, assuming you've asked them for a PAC code.

Unfortunately most of us on the forum are customers and have no access to your account.

I hope the Smarty Agent can help

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Lulijet_2199054,

The support team can be contacted on http://www.smarty.co.uk/contact/