cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving 2FA texts after porting

xYorYx
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello! 2 weeks ago I have decided to give SMARTY a try and ported my old phone number from Vectone. Since then I can only make and receive phone calls, but can't send or receive SMS text messages. After trying all the guides I could find on the website nothing worked so I contacted support via the live chat. They were extremely unhelpful, asked me the same questions over 3 times now and then leave me waiting. I need to fix this urgently since this is my number that I use for 2FA in all websites and most importantly Universal Credit that I must have access to at all times or could get into very serious trouble! I am using Android and would be very thankful for any help on this. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@xYorYx Does this apply to all text messages, or is it linked to short-code texts? The problem is that Smarty does not support short-code text service.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@xYorYx Does this apply to all text messages, or is it linked to short-code texts? The problem is that Smarty does not support short-code text service.

xYorYx
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I don't have a friend with UK number to test that, but does no short-code texts mean I cannot use SMARTY for 2FA? I have tried with Universal Credit and OFX and not receiving the verification code from either

@xYorYx Basically, within a Smarty plan, you can only send a text to a standard UK number. Some organisations do use a standard number to send you a verification code and that works just fine - as an example, smarty do that and so do Santander - there are many others.

I really don't know about DWP and UC though.

I am also assuming that you are using the smarty plan in the Uk and are not Roaming.

xYorYx
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Yes I am in the UK. Is there any information when/if they will add short texts?

@xYorYx Unfortunately not. This topic rears its ugly head quite frequently and the answer is always "we're working on it" or words to that effect.

Izzy-DiOne
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have the same problem after porting in my number from 02, I currently canotr recive incoming calls text or varification codes. Its been 7 days my life has been on hold, all i get from live chat is we are working on it

Izzy-DiOne
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have the same problem after porting my number from 02,

Cant recive calls texts or codes, life is on hold for 7 days and live chat just tells me they are working on it with no timeframe of a responce from the team who deal with this issue

@Izzy-DiOne I have just responded to your message on another thread.

If you need to message to a short code number, then you cannot currently do that on Smarty. You can only send a text to a standard format UK mobile number.