SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My new SIM says no service what should I do now

2 REPLIES 2

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Not a lot to go on.

Are you sure you have coverage on Three, which is Smartyโ€™s parent network ?

Have you set up a Smarty account ? 

Have you bought and paid for a plan ?

Are you using your SIM in a phone or a mifi device as a replacement for home broadband (Which section 5.15 of Smarty Ts & Cs says is not meant for long term use)

Is the phone or device you are using unlocked for use with any network ? It may be locked for use with a network other than Smarty.

Do you have / can you borrow another device for a few minutes, put your SIM in that device, to see if it works or not ? Again, the device would need to be unlocked for use with any network. If the SIM doesnโ€™t work in two devices, it may well be a faulty SIM card and you would need to request a replacement from your account dashboard, if you have set up an account.  (We once had someone who had simply bought a SIM card and put in a phone, without signing up an account or buying a plan, and they wondered why their SIM wasnโ€™t working)

Are you using the SIM in the UK, or overseas ? If overseas, the APN in your device must be changed to โ€œmob.asm.netโ€ - Details on how to do this are in this section of this community forum, the FAQ, or the new help videos section. 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Perhaps the SIM hasn't been activated yet, @TaraMit_2632004

SMARTY don't usually supply customers with an active SIM card - online activation is required.