cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple posting

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Is it really necessary multiple posts about the same subject?

This is being done by a number of people/accounts, and am wondering if it's getting to the point of spamming.

A single post is sufficient to get a response from the Smarty community of customers.  I am certainly less likely to reply to multiple posts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

hey everyone

We really appreciate the feedback on this if you could please provide some examples we can take a look at this

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Just ignore them! People rarely use the search feature, don't like waiting and like to be spoon fed the information to fix an issue and then they are usually gone without so much as a thank you let alone an update to inform others experiencing the same issue as to whether the advice worked for them or not.

The above isn't unique to the SMARTY community but every online forum that has ever existed.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

True, but then you also get situations like the same guy posting the same question four times in a short space of time this morning, about supposedly being double charged. 

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

And that is a good part of my concern/issue.

Why post so many times, and end up annoying people to the point they don't want to answer!

If someone was talking to us (traditional/non digital conversation) we would quickly tell someone to stop repeating themselves (to be polite)! and if necessary walk away.  Some would possibly resort to swearing or something more curt and physical. 

If it's not accepted in day to day speech/conversation, why do it digitally?

Maybe the SMARTY moderators could intervene by consolidating obvious repetitive posts from the same user into a single topic? 

Perhaps the examples of online repetition in this forum are a reflection on the current state of society - with a majority wanting spoon feeding and maybe expecting instant answers or replies to anything posted online?

I suspect things won't change overnight, but you never know.

@WelshPaul,

If your advise stands, is there any real point to any of us being here?

In normal (non-digital) life, I don't accept the kind of repetition, and not reading of replies but then repeating the original question.  I may accept a once off "can you repeat what you said, I didn't hear it" type response, but no more.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

hey everyone

We really appreciate the feedback on this if you could please provide some examples we can take a look at this

@Rebekah_150,

An example of multiple postings started last night and into this morning.  All with the subject line of "Account".  All by the same person.  Replies were made to the effect of us being Smarty customers.

The person was commenting about an alleged overpayment of £12, and wanting the money back.  It was pointed out that we, as customers couldn't help, and suggesting contact was made with Smarty via Webchat.  The person posted a fourth time to the forum.

This isn't just one person, there are a number of other multiple posts examples (2,3 plus posts with the same subject and poster) and despite responding, there has been no feedback from the original poster.

This is something I wouldn't accept in day to day conversation, and am rapidly getting to the point of wondering if it's worth trying to help people who ignore responses, especially after multiple post.

perfect thank you, we will look into this

@Rebekah_150 ,

Thanks for that Rebekah

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

For one, the guy who posted today four times that he has supposedly been double charged this month, paying £24 instead of £12

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Now we know why he paid twice... He can't stop pressing the submit button!  😂

@WelshPaul,

I don't think commenting about someone that way is truly appropriate.

Would you accept it from someone else?  Probably not is my guess, unless you got into a slanging match.

Then maybe community forums are not the place for you? If you take offence to such things, then you’re in for a miserable old time.

And, to answer your question, I would laugh at a comment like the one I made above if it was aimed at meI’ve been using forums since late 2001. So, I know what to expect when using them. 😊

Anyway, as I said earlier in the thread, learn to ignore certain posts if they upset or offend you and move on to the next. 🤷‍♂️