cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

moving my number

ninafre_1037152
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I have one number registered with smarty, for a young person, but its in my name and I pay. I was trying to go on a comparison web site, and was going to move my own number over to smarty, but that didnt work as my email was already registered. it is extremely annoying not to be able to contact the firm to ask for help, and all these standard questions that get you nowhere. im nearly put of by using smarty because of this fuss. I wanted to keep my old number and asked for the PAC, but it was a waste as i coudnt switch

2 REPLIES 2

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Could you update the email address on the existing account to be the young person's email address, but with the account retaining the payment details you've set up? I believe that would then enable you to set up your own account using your email address. 

Afterwards I believe you'd then be able to set up a group in your own account so that you can manage the payments for both you and the young person (can someone here with more experience setting up a group please confirm if what I'm saying is correct?).

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ninafre_1037152  If you have a number set up using an email, you can either set up a new account with a separate Emil or else you can set up the new account as a 'nickname' sim using the same email and then they will be in a group.

There is a useful help article explaining this: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/3417277-what-is-a-group-plan