cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS photos not sending

Diane
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have an iphone and have now changed over to Smarty.  I am having problems sending MMS photo to my Auntie.  The MMS toggle is lit up green is good to go, looked at settings and everything looks good also.  Everytime I try to send photo it automatically says 'Not delivered'   I have tried to send photo to another auntie and it goes through fine although she also have an iphone....  I again try my sister on a samsung phone and no joy.  My first auntie, in question, receives photos from her granddaughter fine.   Am I doing something wrong or is it something to do with Smarty to change?

Await replies please.
Diane

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

How big is the photo? It may be that the photo is too big for MMS.

When you send from iPhone to iPhone, you are usually connecting via iMessage and so are not affected by the same size limit.

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1155220-using-the-internet-after-you-ve-joined-smarty - this suggests that the max. limit is about 300Kb

Diane
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thank you for this information...I had wondered if needed to be a lot smaller in size.
However, I have reduced the three photos way under the 300Kb although still unable to be delivered.
Could it be a setting on my auntie phone that requires to be changed maybe?  
Kind regards,
Diane

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Did you double-check the settings on your iPhone @Diane
Look under Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network, where the following should be displayed:

Mobile Data
APN: mob.asm.net
Username: [leave this field blank]
Password: [leave this field blank]
MMS
APN: mob.asm.net
Username: [leave this field blank]
Password: [leave this field blank]
MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mms.three.co.uk:8799
MMS Max Message Size 307200
MMS UA Prof URL

Another option would be to use WhatsApp to send the pictures instead.
If your Auntie, without the iPhone, installs WhatsApp, then send her pictures using WhatsApp, without having to worry about picture size limits. 
🍀

Thank you for this information.  I doubled check and all correct.

I think I will suggest Whatsapp...hopefully she will get grips with it (she is 89 although she had a smart phone and is absolutely fine with general texting etc)...I already have Whatsapp and certainly correct I would not have to change the size of photos.

Much appreciated for you help.
Kind regards,
Diane 🙂

Diane
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Or even maybe on my own iphone setting....I am able to text her in normal way.
I will keep trying different things in mean while.
🙂 

Apologies if this sounds patronising, but is each photo below the 300Kb limit and being sent separately so that overall message size is no more than 300Kb?

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Unfortunately MMS has quite a few 'grey' areas in the MMS technical specifications for this type of message service using GSM. 

Issues can potentially crop-up in several places, which might lead to a non-delivery report for the sender.

However, these can be misleading as I've sent pictures using MMS (on SMARTY), and had a "Not Delivered" status, but the picture is actually sent and the delivery status has subsequently changed. 

Using WhatsApp could be an option, if that's possible.
🍀