cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keeping my number

AvaMaid_1400275
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I was using my current number with Smarty until recently. I had not bought data for a while and so they closed my account. It says that I can buy a new package and re-open my account, however that requires me to buy a new sim. If i buy a new sim, will it give me a new number? When I go on my dashboard, my current number is still there even though my account is closed. When i click the thing to re-open my account too it says that to keep my current number i need a PAC code. I cannot get the PAC code via text because Smarty closed my account and i no longer have a service provider meaning i cannot send SMS to 65075. I also cannot request a PAC code from Smarty themselves because when i try to it says "something went wrong please contact support" (I contacted support however they left mid-conversation). If i reactivate my account by buying a new sim, will my number change? and if so, how do i keep my current number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @AvaMaid_1400275 

Thank you for reaching out to our SMARTY community!

As your account has been cancelled due to dormancy, this means you need to open a new account so we can transfer your old number to an active SIM. In order to do this, you need to contact our webchat team and ask for your number to be recovered and transferred to the new SIM you purchase. 

Please go online and purchase a new plan, a new SIM will be sent to you and then we will transfer the number. Contact us using this link - 

https://smarty.co.uk/contact

I hope this helps!๐Ÿ˜Š

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @AvaMaid_1400275 

Thank you for reaching out to our SMARTY community!

As your account has been cancelled due to dormancy, this means you need to open a new account so we can transfer your old number to an active SIM. In order to do this, you need to contact our webchat team and ask for your number to be recovered and transferred to the new SIM you purchase. 

Please go online and purchase a new plan, a new SIM will be sent to you and then we will transfer the number. Contact us using this link - 

https://smarty.co.uk/contact

I hope this helps!๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you! I got in touch and they are recovering my number ๐Ÿ™‚