cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s time to say Goodbye, Smarty.

bScot
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Two outages in as many months. I really want to like you but you’ve made it so difficult. 

Both outages have happened when I was travelling making my day so much more stressful than it needs to be. This week I couldn’t even text. 

Such disappointment. 

4 REPLIES 4

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Then you best stay away from THREE and any MVNO that uses them. This outage affected all networks that use the THREE network to provide a service.

I have a Vodafone eSIM as a backup line on my iPhone (Pay Monthly) and they had an outage not long ago too. Things break, such is life. But then I am only paying SMARTY a tenner for 120GB of 5G data with unlimited calls, so I can live an outage or two every few years. (FYI - I only get 6GB of 4G data with unlimited calls with Vodafone)

Sadly, the two recent outages have hit at really bad times so I’ll be avoiding Three & their MVNO. Smarty is owned by Three so it’s not a surprise. 

@bScot I understand your frustration, but how do you know that the same thing won't happen with any other network you may join?

bScot
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

No network is perfect. Even BBC News have picked up the story, with more problems today. 
It’s become too common. PAC requested and new Sim ordered.