cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calls

KayElli_1375357
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I’m getting the ‘you do not have access to this service’ when trying to phone Australia.  I checked out the FAQ and it says I need an out of plan add on - which I have, about £12 in balance.  I successfully called Australia last week, although it was not the same number.  I googled the customer service number but it was for 3 and they said they couldn’t help me but told me to come to the website and use a chat - I can’t find one!!  Only this forum and reams of articles that are no help for this problem - can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@KayElli_1375357  The contact is via either https://smarty.co.uk/contact or else you can click on the blue icon at bottom right hand corner of the Smarty home page to start a web chat with Smarty Support Team. Smarty do not have telephone customer service; that is how they manage to keep prices down.

If you are calling a landline from a mobile, there occasionally seems to be a problem with some landline numbers that are internet based. We have seen reports here, it has happened to me and to my wife, and I have not found a reason.

I suggest that you retry that same number again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@KayElli_1375357  The contact is via either https://smarty.co.uk/contact or else you can click on the blue icon at bottom right hand corner of the Smarty home page to start a web chat with Smarty Support Team. Smarty do not have telephone customer service; that is how they manage to keep prices down.

If you are calling a landline from a mobile, there occasionally seems to be a problem with some landline numbers that are internet based. We have seen reports here, it has happened to me and to my wife, and I have not found a reason.

I suggest that you retry that same number again.

Thanks.  I eventually found the link but couldn’t get past the bot as it kept ending the conversation and giving links to the add on option.  I emailed them instead but got an automatic email back saying it could take up to 10 days.  I’ve tried the number again but still no joy, but at least with your answer I know why!

thanks again.

@KayElli_1375357  I can't say for sure that mine is the actual answer....perhaps more a suggestion based upon previous experience.

It does make sense though, after I couldn’t use the direct (extension) number I googled and found the main number and got through to an automated voice with the usual options, that call dropped 😮💨.  I’ve now enlisted the help of a person living in Aus who will act as go-between, not the best option but the quickest just now. TY

@KayElli_1375357  Another thought....Could it be because Australia is in fact upside down relative to the UK and the phone in their office has fallen off the hook ???   😎🤔