cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect number showing on texts

Ger
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I kept my previous number when I moved to Smarty but when I send texts, the recipient is getting notifications that the text is from the number that Smarty allocated me while processing the transfer of my previous number.

Any idea how I can this corrected?

11 REPLIES 11

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Ger @I suspect that your phone still has that number in the settings. You will need to change it so that the phone announces itself correctly.

Ger
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Have checked the settings and the correct number is showing.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Ger  Also worth turning off and then on again to ensure that sim registers on network.

Ger
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Tried that. It only seems to be a few cintacts. Wonder if it's the recipient phone that's the issue.

AlecEdworthy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Post your phone make and model and someone might have some suggestions.

Thanks Alec - it's a Samsung Galaxy A20e

MarkPar_2069398
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am also having this issue with my OnePlus 9 phone

@MarkPar_2069398  First step is to look at phone settings to see what number is there and change manually if necessary.

Often the phone only remembers the first number allocated to the sim .

Did you manage to solve the problem with your oneplus 9 as I'm now having the same problem having just joined smartie with my oneplus 9.

Drummerboytom
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
I have exactly the same problem - an incorrect and invalid  number showing when I text.
Phone calls are working perfectly, showing correct phone number so I don't think it is anything to do with the phones settings. I have been with Smarty for six months and all working perfectly until this which has just started happening in the last few days

@Drummerboytom In that case, you will need to web chat with Spport Team so that they can look into the details of your account.

Please give them as much info as possible so that they can sort it.

You probably realise that we are customers like you and so have no access to your personal account details.