cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I turn off auto renew, do I instantly lose all my data, texts and minutes?

Chasingamy1
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

This probably sounds quite ridiculous but I'm very new to this kind of network and have no idea how it works 100%. I read something in the summary when I activated my account about data, texts and minutes being suspended when you turn off auto renew...does that mean once the month is over, the pack ends or it is literally immediately suspended and you lose all your data, texts and minutes? Isn't it a personal choice wether you want auto renew or not and you can just top up anytime before your pack runs out without having to have the auto renew setting on? Once again, I'm sorry for being / sounding so thick lol. 

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Not a ridiculous question at all!

With smarty, you are literally buying one month's service at a time. You have the opportunity to auto-renew, to change the plan you want for the following month, or to not buy a plan at all. If you don't buy a plan, then you will receive an email at 180 days giving you 40 days notice that your account will expire if you do not use it further i.e. use your number.

You may find this article helpful:  https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/952720-how-do-i-pause-my-plan