cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use basic phone abroad?

DellaDi_1881437
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi,  My little nokia is a basic phone with no internet or anything like that, so do I need to do anything to it when  i go abroad to spain later in the year?

I would probably not be using it anyway, but will have it just in case, so need to know if it will work.

I would be grateful for any feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DellaDi_1881437 I think it should work just fine, but I do wonder if you may need to prefix calls to UK mobiles with +44. (If they don't work straight off, then try dealing with the prefix).

Currently, you can roam in EU countries with no extra cost, so should be fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

If you're not using mobile data when you're in Spain, your basic Nokia will probably work okay for calls and texts @DellaDi_1881437.

If you post the model your using, another community member may be able to confirm if the device will actually work, though I suspect it will be fine. 

Thank you for your reply.  Having had a reply from another community member, as well as you, saying much the same, so I am sure it will be fine, but my phone is  a Nokia TA-1386.  

Many thanks again.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DellaDi_1881437 I think it should work just fine, but I do wonder if you may need to prefix calls to UK mobiles with +44. (If they don't work straight off, then try dealing with the prefix).

Currently, you can roam in EU countries with no extra cost, so should be fine.

DellaDi_1881437
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thanks so much for that.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

As others have said, you will be fine.

I use a basic “Mobiwire” brand phone abroad sometimes. Just like your Nokia, it isn’t a smartphone, doesn’t connect to the internet. Your Nokia and you will be fine.