cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How long do I have to activate my SIM after I receive it?

William_1918426
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I ordered my new SIM on the basis of an 'upgrade from' date of my current provider - which turns out isn't the same as my contract end date (my mistake).

Obviously, I don't want to pay for two concurrent services, so how long do I have to activate the Smarty SIM once I receive it?

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

I have been looking and cannot see any indication as to how long a sim will remain valid before you activate it.

I somehow do not think this will be an issue - unless it is years and years maybe.

If in doubt, why not simply order another and then use it fresh out of the envelope? If you have not activated the first one, you will not be paying. If you have activated it, it will show on your Dashboard and the clock will be ticking on the plan you purchased.

You say you won't be paying until you activate it, but the money has already been taken from my account even though I've not yet activated my sim.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Why not just activate the SMARTY SIM you've got, but don't add a plan or add-on until you're ready to switch from current service provider @William_1918426.

A SIM without a plan remains activate on the SMARTY network for 6-months.
SMARTY will contact you 40-days before they disconnect you, giving you the opportunity to keep your account live by purchasing a plan.

Good luck @William_1918426

I ordered a SIM with a plan because I thought (wrongly) my last payment on my current contract had just been made, whereas there's another one due next month.

As we are not 100% certain, I suggest that you run this past the Support Team on a web chat to get a definitive answer.

Probably be all okay if you activate the SIM and plan in April '23.

But, as suggested by @MSF, why not get in-touch with the support team using web chat, which operates 8am - 8pm daily.

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @William_1918426 you will be fine to activate this SIM then