Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engage "Out of Plan" addon by topping up remotely whilst abroad

VedadSa_1517783
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

I am on the "8GB, commitment-free SIM plan", but I now need to receive some calls from the UK and hence need to top-up my account whilst abroad (outside EU).

Can I do this remotely via my credit card? - as I do not have an option to go to the local store to put some money in....

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@VedadSa_1517783 I think I see the problem.

On your dashboard, the first item showing in 'Usage' in blue, correct?

To the right of that is 'Add ons' in grey - now click on that and you should see the options I mentioned.

Apologies - I forgot to mention that extra step - it's not that obvious, I admit!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@VedadSa_1517783 : If you follow this link: https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard#addons you get the option to top up credit on your account for roaming outside the EU.

If you are in the EU, your plan should work as normal if you ensured that the phone has correct settings.

If you have a payment method recorded in your account, this can be used to pay for the necessary credit that you choose to put on.

Hi MSF,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The link you provided takes me back to my dashboard, but I only get to renew my existing plan or pick another data only plan.  I do not see an option to top up credit on my account for roaming outside the EU.

My payment method is recorded on my account as I use to have the automatic renewal.

Would you be able to screen shot and point out where the top up credit link is?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20230614-201232_SMARTY_1.jpg

Next to "usage" on your dashboard, you will see "add ons", scroll down, and pick the desired level of add on you want.

If you dont use up all of the add on, you can convert it to your account balance.

@VedadSa_1517783 I think I see the problem.

On your dashboard, the first item showing in 'Usage' in blue, correct?

To the right of that is 'Add ons' in grey - now click on that and you should see the options I mentioned.

Apologies - I forgot to mention that extra step - it's not that obvious, I admit!!