cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling eu from UK and vice versa

DavidWa_2646699
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,ive tried to ring eu from uk and vice versa and wont let me ring and i get a text saying i haven't been given access to this service,even thou ive changed my setting on my iphone and im able to use my data when abroad,any help welcome thankyou

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DavidWa_2646699  What you are describing is an International Call. These are not included within Smarty plans and also do not constitute EU Roaming - that happens when you are using your phone while IN an EU country.

Take a look at the Price Guide for further detail on both EU Roming and also International Calls.

Hi,thanks for reply,but there not international calls there within EU as i was calling Spain and Ireland which is included in my package my data roaming worked in the EaU when i changed settings on i phone but for some reason wont let  me make calls within EU any idea why?

@DavidWa_2646699  A call to any country that is not actually the UK is classed as International - they are definitely NOT included in your plan. As I advised, please read the Price Guide.

When you are actually in the EU, then you can use your plan as if you were in the UK and can also call EU numbers - this is an agreement between Smarty and EU network providers (at least for the time being).

The change in your phone settings does not affect any of this. I changed my settings yonks ago and have never looked at them again - everything works in the UK and EU (when roaming there).