cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App and Website login constantly asks for verification - never remembers trusted devices

davey_lad
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Why is it that every time I access the website and/or app (Android Galaxy S23 Ultra) I am constantly nagged to enter a verification code (sent via email or text).  This is especially annoying when using the phone app as it explicity it asks if I "trust this device".

Why not just add biometric (fingerprint/face id) support and be done with it?

Does anyone else have this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@davey_lad ,

Please read the numerous recent posts on this type of "issue". 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@davey_lad ,

Please read the numerous recent posts on this type of "issue". 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@davey_lad A quick search will show lots of posts oaths topic as @Strandloper says.

If you have Face ID or Touch ID, the app should be fine on a phone - mine seems to work well with no issues.

davey_lad
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

[the irony of having to verify my identity/browser again to reply to this] 🤣

@MSF yes, just noticed the app does have biometric option in the settings.  Suppose I'm just used to apps automatically asking if I want to enable it when they detect the phone supports it.

I have now seen the various posts complaining about this.. I guess my original search terms weren't up to the task.

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

I started experiencing problems with the iOS app at the last update.  The app has a setting under Security and Privacy option to use biometrics ie FaceID in my case, and despite ticking this option, the app is totally ignoring this and reverting back to 2FA every day.

I have raised this with SMARTY, via chat.  
They say this has been passed to the developers, and they are awaiting a response back.