cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account paused

Jamie
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Today 01/03/24 is my monthly renewal date. I've just checked the dashboard and it says my plan has been paused.

I haven't paused it, does anyone know how to unpause my plan?

17 REPLIES 17

granty280
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Same here! No idea why though. 

SimonFi_2369566
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Same here. Has to be an IT failure due to leap year 🤬

HaydnR
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Same problem. Mmm.... 🤔 

SimonFi_2369566
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Just finished a ‘chat’ with customer service. They are aware but aside from that they currently have no information or solution. They’ve undertaken to reply back to my ‘chat’ when they do know

@Jamie @SimonFi_2369566 @HaydnR @granty280  The 'acid test' is whether your account is actually working. If it is, then no problem. If it is not, then you do need to web chat with Smarty Support team.

SimonFi_2369566
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Payment here was taken 2 mins after last chat with support, followed by confirm of renewal.  All services always were and still seem to be working.  Seems to be some sort of Feb '24 leap-effect

@SimonFi_2369566  If you renew on 29 Feb, perhaps you'll get the month free for the next three years until next leap year??!! Of course you will.....not! 🤔

😉um... no such luck 

Trunks
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I chatted with support and pointed them to this thread. Their reply was:

"There seems to be some issue from our ends'

Our Engineers are working on it,

Please bear with us for 2-4 hours."

Wait and see I guess, just hope it doesn't mess up the double data plan I'm on.

@Trunks  Assuming that you still have service on your device, then I suspect it's just a glitch in the system.

If you have been on a special offer plan then I don't see any reason why it should mess that up - you could challenge them in any case if you did not get the same as was promised.

Trunks
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Concern was raised when I hadn't recieved an receipt from PayPal, I checked my PayPal account and no money has been taken yet. Until it is, I'll be concerned things may stop working.

@Trunks  That is curious! I just noticed that my wife's account renewed on 29Feb and went through with no problems, payment as well.

Trunks
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Payment taken, account no longer says paused and still have deal. Looks like they're fixing their issue.

Why has my smarty account been paused because the money has been paid out

Looks like it's affecting many people. I've seen a few posts about the same issue. 

@AdamPip_1069847 @HaydnR  There is some discussion on this elsewhere too. Along as your phone is still working, that's the main thing.

Matthew_2518029
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I had the same issue as well this morning. My account was paused because there was a delay in Smarty taking my payment. The payment went through at 05:18 this morning and my account un-paused about 5 minutes later. I found it a bit bizarre and unnerving. My account is okay now though. The weird thing is I still had network access despite my account supposedly being paused.